Friday, October 16, 2009

Gladiators

Last night was not easy; a set back for sure from the last two nights that were pretty good (were they, I can't really remember?). Nate had a full day with Shana and evening with me of body to body contact (laying on our chests sleeping and content), setting up what I thought would be a typical late night of feeding, pooping and 3 hour sleeps. Shana didn't leave the couch all day in fact for fear that Nate would fuss. Wasn't it easier to watch movies with Nate on her chest rather than try and do anything around the apartment?

But last night turned out to be a battle, as Nate was hungry an hour after his 10pm bottle. That threw us off. I got mad at him. I was gruff. I was unsympathetic. I fed him but not all that lovingly. What was my problem? The kid was hungry. Why am I upset at him? Nate fell asleep swaddled in his crib at 2AMish -- and made it to 4AM where Shana took it from there -- but I was not the most patient dad in the world. Ugggg.

Nate is not a difficult kid and yet I am more short tempered than I thought I would be as a dad. I gotta do better. It's not his fault. He's just hungry or gassy or something else equally as innocent. I get hung up on the schedule I think. He SHOULD be sleeping. He SHOULD be quiet. I've got to cut him a break. I will keep trying...

No comments:

Post a Comment