Thursday, October 29, 2009

10/29/09


Nate's personality is kind of possibly maybe coming through. He's a good eater, a decent sleeper, a bit needy and comfortable out in the world in public even in loud places. He's sweet but not a pushover. The family is getting into a nice rhythm of sorts. Nate is with Shana and Simma for most of the day. He's getting good love and attention from both and that allows him to be mostly agreeable and content. Mostly anyway. At night he's hanging with me until he eats and gets a new diaper at 1AMish, where he's then swaddled and put into the car seat in the basonnette in the bedroom. He sleeps until 4am where Shana feeds him and then brings him back to sleep on her chest until 7-8ish. Repeat. It's not a terrible schedule for both of us and I am not a walking zombie like many parents. For that I am eternally grateful. No joke.

My spirits are good these days. I feel like a real adult what with worrying about work, money and my kid. My band Brother Josephus is currently touring in Alabama and heading towards NOLA which seems especially cruel. But I'm not depressed. Shana and I are a good team and I love my boy. That feels nice.

This picture was taken this morning. Shana brought Nate into the bedroom and I took this before showering. With his white swaddle, he was lost in sea of white blankets and pillows. Except for his little green pacifier, you could miss him...

No comments:

Post a Comment