Thursday, December 3, 2009

3 months


Nate is 3 months old now. It's pretty wild, I think we're entering a new stage. He's a cool kid, he really is. He's kicking and punching now and making little noises. He watches the mobile with fascination. He's thoughtful and sensitive and has a killer loving warm smile. He loves food like his mom and generally is isn't too fussy like his dad.

We hired a part time Nanny, Leisha, who also works for Annabelle (apt 2) and Elle (apt 1). It's like she's the building Nanny. She's with Nate 20 hours a week, which seems to strike a nice balance for Shana who prefers a little rest from the full time mommy thing. And why shouldn't she? It'll help Shana and, ultimately, it'll help the marriage. Right?? RIGHT???

My mom has been helping us out on Thursday nights too. She and my dad have given us some relief these last 2 months. When family helps us with our baby, I feel such gratitude it's almost too much to bear. I think it has to do with letting go and accepting the love without giving in return. It's hard for me. I don't get it.

Nate had his first outing -- to my parent's house in Long Island -- for
Thanksgiving weekend. He slept the whole way in the drive to the house. Nate dined at the Thanksgiving table with second cousins Debra and Kenny, Drew, Nina and Cole. The next day we strolled Nate through the hilly streets surrounded by giant old trees and breathed in the cool air.
We had an amazing time at my parent's house, staying two nights with my mom, dad, Uncle Avi, Aunt Brook and cousins Sadie and May. Here's a pic of all the girls (except my mom and Molly) hanging with Nate on friday night. So fun!












Later, Nate had quality quiet time with Molly.

1 comment: