Sunday, April 28, 2013

Mom's 70th birthday party

The Gessers joined us at my parent's house for a birthday celebration for my mom. 70 is the new 55 but still, my mom was incredulous that she was really 70. We had less than 24 hours together but the hang was loving and easy. Nate and Mae spent hours building a pretend tree house in the front. Brook and I sang a couple of songs by the piano. Mack played ball outside with anyone he could find. Sadie rolled her eyes in disbelief that Nate was acting like a tiger and was stalking her because she was a zebra. It was special. The next day we got the following email from my mom:

Dearest Family,

You are wonderful, generous and loving and I will treasure your words, your gift, your songs. I am surprised that I do not puff up to 5 times my size with all the pride and love that I feel for you. People will say , Look there goes that puffed up Judy. See all that pride and love. Nobody can really be that fortunate. I wouldn't try to explain my 5 times puffed up state. It would not be possible. You are the dream I had years ago.

Love you with all my heart.

Mom





Here's my mom in her early 20's... 

No comments:

Post a Comment