Wednesday, April 25, 2012

new friends

Nate has three imaginary friends which he's had for a couple of  months and have become pretty normal with us- in fact their last names are Moshan according to Nate. They are Mingo, Ningo and Taco. Mingo is the ring leader and lives in the ceiling with the other two. Sometimes they are small, sometimes they have no mouth, or no hair, or one day-- no head! They seem to be responsible for things we can't explain-- a pair of sneakers on a telephone wire, a broken picture frame. And often they are hanging out where Nate just was... but in the ceiling there.  Today Nate tole me Mingo was going to be late to mat (streb) class so I asked if we should tell the teacher. Nate said "no, Mingo told Taco. It's ok." Then Nate saw Mingo and Taco on the street together so we guessed they would likely be on time after all. And they were ... I think. 

In general he seems so smart to me lately really understanding concepts and schedules. Today we talked about missing Luka who moved away. I thought Nate didn't really understand but when I asked him where Luka was he said: Ohio. Even I forgot it was Ohio he moved to! He also pushed the right button in the elevator when our co rider said "23 please."

No comments:

Post a Comment