Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Don't Lose Your Dinosaur


This scene in Step Brothers -- comedy perfection -- seems important as we wade deep into parenthood. I'm trying with all my might not to lose my dinosaur but it ain't easy...

  • Mr. Doback: Listen to me. Dale, look, when I was a kid...when I was a little boy, I always wanted to be a dinosaur. I wanted to be a Tyrannosaurus rex more than anything in the world. I made my arms short and I roamed the backyard...and I chased the neighborhood cats, and I growled and I roared. Everybody knew me and was afraid of me. And then one day, my dad said, "Bobby, you're 17. It's time to throw childish things aside." And I said, "Okay, Pop." But he didn't really say that, he said, "Stop being a fucking dinosaur and get a job." But, you know, I thought to myself, "I'll go to medical school...l'll practice for a little while, and then I'll come back to it.
  • Brennan: How is that a skill?
  • Mr. Doback: But I forgot how to do it.
  • Dale: You're human. You could never be a dinosaur.
  • Brennan:- Yeah.
  • Mr. Doback:Hey, I lost it.
  • Dale: Dad, what's the point?
  • Brennan: Yeah.
  • Mr. Doback: The point is... don't lose your dinosaur.

3 comments: